Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fried Sweet Potato Latkes





Sweet Potato Latkes
Or what I like to call, Yeah, I Can Eat Fried Potatoes Whenever I Want to Latkes


This time of year, as you’re heading into winter, getting ready for all those days when you don't want to set foot outside unless you're bundled up like the Michelin Man--only you don't set foot outside because who wants to wash all those clothes for a five-minute romp to the mailbox--God created comfort food.
And, if we're going to be particular, fried comfort food,
And we’re particular, right?
I know I am.
I mean, I really don’t want to spend thirty minutes making something that I will spend ten minutes eating that I will spend the rest of the day regretting having eaten.
Absolutely, not happening. So not worth it.

With Sweet Potato Latkes, it’s all comfort-food bliss. You can enjoy all the deliciousness without one bit of the guilt.

Ingredients:
1 sweet potato, grated
1 yellow onion, grated
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons almond flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
3 Tablespoons olive oil, butter, bacon fat or ghee. I prefer butter. It amps up the latkes just the tiniest bit.

Instructions:
1. In a bowl of salted water, rinse the grated sweet potato and drain into a sieve, forcing out the excess moisture with a paper towel. Add to a bowl along with the onion, eggs, almond flour, garlic and paprika and stir until combined.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the butter over medium heat until the butter begins to sputter.
3. Spoon one heaping tablespoon of your sweet potato mixture into the pan, flattening with the back of your spoon, and fry until they begin to crisp, around five minutes. Then flip over for an additional three minutes.
4. Place finished patties on a cookie sheet and leave in a warmed oven while you finish the rest of your latkes. (I like to use two frying pans. They can take a while to cook, and you don’t want to rush the process. If you try and rush them, they will be too moist on the inside. At a slow cook, that moisture is steamed out. Your goal is a crisp pancake all the way through.)
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment