Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Mouth-Watering Paleo Fried Chicken

Every once in awhile I get a hankering for something fried. Yep. That's right. I said hankering. Just need to feel that crunch between my teeth. Could be all those KFC commercials that show up right around dinnertime. Not sure, but it's a definite possibility.Tonight, it hit me big time. And, I could have fought it. Could have dug in my heels, mediated, ate a chocolate cookie to distract myself, but I didn't. I went all in, Baby! And it was delish!

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
2 pounds chicken pieces (I prefer thighs)

Directions:
1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.     Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3.     In a large bowl, coat your chicken pieces with mayonnaise, letting them sit for at least ten minutes.
4.     In a shallow bowl, mix the flours, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
5.     Once your chicken has set, dip each piece, one at a time, into the dry mixture, making sure to coat each side and place in the heated pan.
6.     Fry until browned on each side.
7.     Place uncooked chicken on a sheet pan in oven for 10-15 minutes to further crisp.
Oh, and by the way. I apologize for the photo. Turns out, photographing chicken is a lot harder than it looks. Here are some of my chicken fails.
#1
I know. WTH? Seriously, it did not look like that in real life.

#2
Hey! Who sliced off a piece when I wasn't looking?

#3
My favorite, When Chicken Goes Turtle!

2 comments:

  1. YUUMMMYYY CRISPY GOODNESS! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made it!! LOVED IT!! This is a staple now!
    Mary Heather

    ReplyDelete