Chicken with mushrooms and onions and turmeric and chili paste and garlic.
And it was delicious.
1 lb – Chicken thighs, sliced
½ lb - Mushroom, sliced
1 Medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbs Grated Ginger
1 Tbs Grated Garlic
1/2 tsp Tuemeric powder
Chile powder to taste
1. Fry the onions over medium heat until caramelized. If I’m lazy, I’ll put a tablespoon of oil in the pan, give the onions a quick stir and cover it for ten minutes or so. Just long enough for the onions to sweat. The bottom layer usually crisps up nicely.
2. When you have your onions good and brown, take them out of the pan and set them in a deep bowl.
3. Add a bit of oil and fry up your mushrooms. I add a little salt to encourage them to release their water. After they’ve sit for a bit, pour out any extra water and give them a quick stir.
4. When your mushrooms have browned, add them to your bowl of onions and begin frying up your chicken.
5. When the chicken is nicely browned, add the garlic and ginger, dump your vegetables back in and give everything a stir. (If you have a bit of broth in the bowl, add that as well. Then add your Chile bean oil, Turmeric, Chile and salt. If your pan goes dry, add some water and encourage a broth.
6. That's it. 20 minutes--maybe 30--start to finish.