Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Spicy Tuna Poke



If you’re anything like me, you’ve been cooking your behind off since about the middle of November. And although I will always remember the Christmas of 2013 as a particularly delicious year, after all that roasting and baking, braising and stuffing it’s been kind of hard for me to put my hands into the pots again. Mighty hard. So I didn’t. And my family survived. We enjoyed a post-holiday detox where we ate copious amounts of Christmas cookies and takeout. A few bags of potato chips and the odd tub of onion dip might have made an appearance as well. I mean, after all those cookies, did it really matter anyway?

BUT, a few days ago, all that wicked living took its toll. My body caved. My energy had fallen to an almost non-existent level. I needed a nap moments after awakening from one. I wasn’t able to concentrate. It was time to rebalance my life. I needed real food. Brain food.

So I made Spicy Tuna Poke 

Ingredients:
1 large sushi grade tuna steak
2 minced green onions
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs + ¼ tsp sesame oil
½ tsp Sriracha sauce
2 Tbs mayonnaise, I prefer Kewpie
A sprinkling of black sesame seeds

Directions: Find tuna
Slice, then cube into 1/2" pieces.
Mince onions.
Place tuna and onions in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and gently mix.
Cover and refrigerate, at least 20 minutes so the flavors can mingle
Find very large spoon.
& EAT.

Great recipe for the brain dead, right?

Note: Go fast and loose with this recipe. It’s different every time I make it. You can eat it with a fork for breakfast, my favorite, or with some flatbread as an elegant appetizer.

On another note: If you just can’t bring yourself to eat raw fish, try smoked salmon. I double the green onions and Sriracha to combat the smoky flavor and leave out the sesame seeds.


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment